This role is primarily responsible for Comptrol Application Sales and Support.
This position is also responsible for aspects of Customer Support, Application Review, Inside Sales / (proactive selling activities) including phone calls, emails, inbound and outbound sales calls, and outside sales visits when necessary (including all of US - and could be up to 30% travel). This job function is primarily to increase sales for Comptrol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aggressively pursue new opportunities for Comptrol
- Handle application calls for Comptrol products including assisting customers with specifying Comptrol products, handling technical support inquiries, and follow up on sales leads, inbound and outbound
- Mining ACT database
- Inside Sales and Support
- Customer Problem solving, incoming and proactive
- Customer field visits to promote new business, maintain key relationships, solve customer problems and determine Comptrol solutions
- Assist with Customer Support functions, incoming calls for product assistance (cross trained for all Customer Service functions)
- Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- Achieve Bookings and Sales Goals for Comptrol
- OTD and Quality Targets for Comptrol
- Achieve Margin Targets for Comptrol
- Quoting Goals
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, or equivalent technical experience
- Minimum of 10 years Application or Sales experience in engineered product solutions/Linear Motion
- Ability to understand prints, step files, CAD drawings
- Microsoft Office suite applications experience; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills; oral, written, presentations
- Excellent work ethic
- Experienced with solving technical problems
- Excellent problem solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.